Thursday, July 28, 2011

Introducing the family

  I have a big family. My father has eight brothers and sisters and three step-siblings. My mother only has three, but she's very close to all of her aunts and uncles, so I know most of my great-aunts and uncles. My dad mother (Mamere Ann) had about a dozen siblings (yeah, I'm NOT quite sure. Deal.) and his bio father had about the same. Mother's mom had five siblings, her father had four and so on, and so forth. 
  So it's big.
  So, through the course of the posting, I'll mention different relatives. Cousins who I cannot figure out what to call and my immediate family, my parents, my sisters and my grandmother and her boyfriend. My grandmother is Little (that's what I'm gonna call her) and she's the only surviving grandparent I have. Her boyfriend who she met after the death of Grandfather is The Hugger. Oh, and yes, a capital on the word 'the' is needed, because he is a hugger and it's not a good thing in my book. 
  My parents are Mother and Father or Ma and Pa or Mama and Papa. Yes, I will use every one of those variations, to fuck with you and because I call them all of these things and another variation that is one I invented so I'm not gonna share. Why would I give away my secret special name? Uh, hello? We're not that close. I don't know if you'll use the names to trick my parents and steal them away. I can't risk losing them, they pay my allowance! My parents are also still together and have been for, uh, about 21 years, give or take since I can't remember exactly (oh, and shut up because it's not my marriage so why the hell do I have to remember how long it's been going on?) 
  So, moving on. I have three sisters. And if I really wanna mess with you, I'll just say 'she' then won't identify them. Ooh, evil plans, I'm just full of 'em. But, to be nice, I'm going with Big, Bigger and Biggest. Ha! Genius, I know. Big is the closest to me in age, the third of four girls. She's one of my best friends and is currently living in a room adjacent to mine. We don't tap out secret messages on the wall, because we're grown up, of course, but we do have music competition. Cause we're grown up, but we're still teenagers. 
  Bigger is the second of the four of us. Out of the four of us, she and I are the most similar. She's been with a guy (Stretch, cause he's tall..ish) for about three years now (knock on wood, lots and lots of wood) and lives in an apartment with a cat. Yeah, we're cat people, if you hadn't guessed that.
  Biggest is the eldest of the four of us, and is my half-sister, the result of Mother's first marriage. She and I are ten years apart, and I'm not as close to her because she was moving out of the house when I was five. She lives in another province with her husband, Stock. No, that's not his real name, but he's stocky and a big pain in the ass, but I can't call him Pain-in-the-Ass, because it takes too long to type, so Stock it is. She and Big are basically twins, who speak, act and think so much alike, you could confuse the two. Well, you could. Big and I now each other too well. 
  So, that's my family. Actually, that's my family for now. Over time, I'm gonna introduce you to more and more and more of them, until you explode and you cry "No, dear God, no! Stop seeing people. Stop talking to them! Too many names and too many people. Make it stop!" But I won't, of course, because I'm never going to get rid of them. (You ask "well, isn't that a good thing?" And I shake my head. I shake my head and walk away). 
  Okay, that's it. I'm bored. Bye for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment